Saturday, October 1, 2011

rebuttal of an animal rights extremist "Karen Morrison's" ad


I had an article written by an animal rights extremist read to me recently. This article was published in a rural Oklahoma paper.

This is the rebuttal that will be printed this week or next. Her arguments were that; America's heritage included such things as "Prohibition and the KKK" and therefore "heritage" should not be an acceptable justification to legalize cockfighting because some things within our heritage should be forgotten. I disagree I think that our heritage is essential and vitally important because it must be remembered to keep from repeating mistakes of the past.

The ad below will run the next issue in the same newspaper.

Thank you, B.L.

A small letter in rebuttal of Mrs. Karen Morrison’s recent article.

Mrs. Morrison, I am a typical cockfighter. In your article you allude that I am not entitled to my pursuit of happiness and liberty and that I should only be allowed to engage in the arts and theater and those pursuits of happiness you approve of.
Ma’am, I’ve been to art shows and concerts and I’ve been to plays and to Opera Houses in Germany that are considered some of the greatest in the world.
While I find them interesting it is not where I find my pursuit of happiness. I would much rather be at a horse race or watching NASCAR or dirt track races or mud bogging or out fishing and hunting or at a rodeo or fighting my chickens. I am not trying to force you to go to these events.
And if you want to go to an art show or concert and that is where you find your pursuit of happiness, please go ahead; I would never assume it was within my right to take that freedom from you or force you to stop going.
You made the statement that the history of alcohol prohibition and the KKK should be remembered when discussing the issue of cockfighting. Let’s remember these things by looking at them honestly.
May I remind you that the 18th amendment (prohibition) was brought about by a group of people that wanted to force their moral opinion onto another group even though it resulted in ten of thousands of Americans being killed by Law Enforcement Officers who were sent out to force the minority into compliance with a law which violated the minority’s rights and freedoms. Many Law Enforcement Officers ignored the law as long as the violations weren’t too obvious and some openly refused to enforce the law.
Ultimately the elected officials recognized that the ill-conceived law was endangering human lives needlessly and had the intelligence, common sense and courage to repeal it even in the face of many zealots which were arguing to keep the 18th amendment (prohibition) in place. Only one good thing ever came from the 18th amendment (prohibition), and that is the birth of stock car racing and NASCAR.
Do rural Oklahomans really have to be killed to force us into compliance with your moral opinion and desire to stop us from harvesting our livestock (chickens)?
As far as your statement about the Klu Klux Klan, ma’am all I can say is the KKK practiced “racial intolerance” and you are practicing “cultural intolerance.” The KKK had their members making raids of Americans homes  and ripping them from their families. Sometimes beating them, sometimes pointing guns at and shooting at people even killing them but always trying to intimidate an entire group of people because of their race or their public support of the equal rights movement. A few of the people involved in these acts of violence were Law Enforcement Officers subjugating black families over their race.
You want Law Enforcement Officers to do your bidding and act as your KKK members to threaten, harass and intimidate me, to force me into compliance with your opinion over a chicken. You want Law Enforcement Officers sent out to make raids of Americans homes and rip us from our families, to point guns at me and my family members, to intimidate an entire group of people and endanger our lives and our family members’ lives over our livestock (chickens) we are simply trying to harvest while we attempt to earn a living and provide for our families in rural Oklahoma because the way we harvest our chickens does not meet with your approval.
You want Law Enforcement Officers to subjugate rural Oklahomans over our culture, heritage, agriculture industry and pursuit of happiness using a chicken as an excuse.
Who is more like the KKK ma’am, you or me?
Looking at the entire situation even farther we may draw comparisons to Nazi Germany, where the social elite and politically powerful led the misguided majority into supporting the arrest and placement of people (the minority) into concentration camps (prison) were millions were brutally murdered simply because they had different beliefs. 
 
Remember I’m not the one advocating putting you in prison (concentration camp) over your opinion, you are the one advocating to take my inalienable rights, culture, heritage, pursuit of happiness, animal agriculture industry, freedom and liberty from me (the minority) to force me into compliance with your opinion over a chicken. 
 
Thank you,
U.S. Army ret SFC B.L. Cozad Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment